Thursday, December 27, 2007

My Pretty Living Room


When we finished our basement, I took a vow that I would not clutter up my living room with any electronics. But we did have a nice stereo system that would come in handy for entertaining or just background music while hanging out reading a book or cleaning. I came up with the idea to make a screen and hide it. I went to a surplus antique shop in Walnut, Iowa that is full of furniture and fixtures from old houses. I came across these doors for $35 a piece and couldn't be happier with them! My husband shook his head when I came home with them and insisted that he get out the electric screwdriver and help me put them together. He won't admit it, but I think he likes them :)

I've never adorned them with decorations but decided at Christmas time they needed something. I bought the grapevine wreaths at a dollar store, had the green ribbon laying around and purchased the snowflake ornaments at Wal-Mart. I'm thinking about leaving them up all winter and possibly come up with something to stay up all year. Any ideas?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

costa rica investment opportunities is a great alternative if you want to live a beautiful country like Costa Rica which have a pleasant climate and helpful people. That is why I decided to buy a house in this beautiful country. My house have a spacious living room, and I am really happy.