Thursday, February 21, 2008

Nine years together...


From this moment life has begun
From this moment you are the one
Right beside you is where I belong
From this moment on

Mitch and I have been married for nine years. Wow! What a nine years it's been. We've been though a lot. A lot of laughs, a lot of tears, a lot of arguments! Last night we really didn't do much as far as celebrating but I decided to get out my keepsake box full of our wedding stuff. It was fun to go through cards, our wedding registry and brochures from our honeymoon. As I went through it all, I was reminded about how our love is different. I can still see myself growing old with Mitch, living in the same house we do now and enjoying grandchildren there.

But we've been through so much! I can't even begin to tell you about the tears, laughter and heartache we've had. But you have to go through it. You just have to. I was recently told by a friend of ours that is having marital problems that they never fought, NEVER! I just can't believe that! How can you be married for a number of years and never fight?

Mitch is my best friend. I can tell him anything. We agree on how to raise our children. We both know that God is important in a strong family and we also know each other better than anyone else in the world. He supports me in all my endeavors, I love that even though he's not a "jack of all trades", he's a great father, golfer and cook.

I love him...and always will. No matter what anyone says, he fits me :)

No comments: