Sunday, August 17, 2008

Not so little anymore!

So today Mitch and I got home from the fair to pick up the girls at my in-laws. My mother-in-law took Margo on a shopping spree at Wal-Mart for some back-to-school clothes. Much to my surprise the first thing my five-year-old had to show me were the sport bras she had to have. Grandma of course can't say no and I took it in strides thinking, "how bad is it really?" We just all smiled and figured a lot of it was the influence of her best-friend that is ten and more suitable for that sort of thing. Again, no big deal. I just couldn't help but laugh at the conversation Margo and I had on our afternoon bike ride.

Margo: Man, this bra itches me!

Me: It does?

Margo: Does yours ever itch mommy?

Me: Yep! That's just part of wearing a bra.

She was satisfied with the answer but it really wasn't a conversation I thought I would be having with my first-born until at least six or seven more years!

Dropping her off to her first day of kindergarten tomorrow, I'll have a report to how that goes.

No comments: