Wednesday, January 9, 2008

My Dream...


Everyone should have a dream, right? Here's mine:

I want, more than anything, to be a stay-at-home mom but not just to be with my girls, but to have my own business. The first asset of that would be my handbags. I started sewing these a couple years ago for friends and family. With the encouragement of my husband, I'm trying to build a business around them. Every one of them are unique. I've not done any that are the same and I try to include the customer in on how they look. Because face it, it's theirs!

The other area of this business is to do freelance graphic design. I'm a graphic designer by trade but I'm growing very bored with corporate brand. There is just no creativity...sorry Dave, don't care how much you try to convince me...I'm bored! I've done projects for my community, wedding stationary and many, many other side projects. But there is a little thing called money that holds me back from getting that up and going. The programs are expensive and I'm just getting used to paying for this MAC!

I have one more area that I'd love to explore...helping with interior design. I've been an adviser for many friends but I of course don't ask for any money...maybe I could?

That's my dream in a nutshell. I know I can do it, many people do but I have to remember to be patient with time and know that it will all come.

1 comment:

Karla said...

I love that handbag. You need to post some more pictures. I need a new one and I would love to have you make me one or choose one you have already made. Do you have any brochures to pass along?